Wednesday, June 16, 2010

QAL Update

I decided I didn't like the colors of the jelly roll I picked out, plus there wasn't enough fabric in it to do the whole project. I went by Hancock Fabrics, which is not very close to my house, and found some fabric I like better. Here it is:


I bought a 1/4 yard of each (10) fabrics.

I was able to get 3 2 1/2 inch strips from each which leaves me 1 strip short. So I'm off to Jo-Ann's to see if I can find something that matches.
I've sewed all the strips I have to all the white strips and have made the center square. This is as far as the instructions have taken us.


I'm trying really hard to be consistent with my seams. I just can't seem to sew straight. When I use 1/4 inch seam allowance my strips come out too small so I've reduced my seam allowance a little. I guess scant means really scant. This will give me a little more room to play with when I go to square everything up.

Can't wait to continue next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment